Monday, March 17, 2014

no one likes you when your 23

i turned 23 two months ago. i was far from home + far from my comfort zone + far from my annual junk food breakfast that i have enjoyed every birthday since i can remember.  i had spent the whole prior year being one of those "typical" girls that listens + loves a little t-swift in my life. the night before, i turned the dreaded 23, i searched high and low for songs about being 23 trying to find one i could replace last years theme with. google it. i dare you. every song i found was miserable + depressing, to say the least.  i am a huge advocate for birthdays (my birthday + your birthday + the random stranger's birthday) doesn't matter. i will celebrate. this is the first time i had ever been nervous about it. i knew i was coming home to 163 wedding announcements + GIRL friends that had been on missions and now returned + those that have full on families. every time i log into the FB + insta it is a reminder. then there is me 23 + barely graduating + no hubby + zero children + no mission. what have i been doing for the last 23 years?! then while talking to a friend it hit me. everyone looks at everyone else's life to find something they want + wish. 

now that i am a sophisticated 23.16 year old + thanks to some wise words from mr. seuss. i have come to the conclusion that your life successes are exactly that YOUR life. there is no comparing to the girl next door. sometimes you need to take a step back to see what + who you really are. i'm 23 + i've seen more of the world than a lot of 65 year olds + i've accomplished at least 42 things on my bucket list + i have a hard time not smiling + hate complainers + i know the type of boy i want to marry but i also know the kind of wife i want to be + i have a solid foundation in the Gospel + love & am grateful for my family more and more the older i get + i will never be too old to jump on the bed. in the end. there is so much that i have learned just being me. i give a woota woo + double fist pump for all those that are loving their life + who they are no matter what stage it is at. as much as a struggle as it can be watching others succeed, i hope you can enjoy those moments with them + don't forget to enjoy your own. whatever your waiting for stop waiting. it will happen in time but you only get to live this moment once. don't waste your life waiting for the next big thing. or worrying what others are doing + thinking. enjoy the small things now because these are the moments that are making your memories. 


( I couldn't end it without some pictures from the last two months since my blogging is turning into a rarity) 


















1 comment:

  1. Morg, I know you didn't write this wanting a compliment. BUT, you're going to get one! I have never met anyone like you! One of the most selfless, serving fun to be around people I have ever met. You radiate happiness + know how to make everyone around you feel good about themself. Thanks for being honest + real + letting us inside your heart! I love you + am so lucky to call you my sister! XX

    ReplyDelete